Thursday, May 4, 2017

Purple Makeup Look: Products Used + Mini Reviews (NEW VIDEO)


Maybelline Micellar Water (Php 150- Php199)
This is orignally Php199, but I bought mine on sale for Php150 only. I like using this before applying makeup to remove excess dirt and oil on my face. I'm not sure if I will repurchase this in the future when I run out, but I do want to try other brands to compare. I know that Garnier and Loreal have micellar waters that are affordable too and I've heard great things about them, so I might try those and compare them to this and I will update you on them. Overall, I do like this product a lot, but I want to see if I can find something better. In this video, I used it to remove my lip scrub which I will talk more about below.


The Face Shop x My Other Bag Oil Control Water Cushion in V203 Natural Beige
I used this for the second time only when I did this look. The first time I tried it, I didn't like it at all, but when I tried it the second time around, I didn't hate it as much as I did. Honestly, I probably would not repurchase it again, but it isn't that bad of a product. I find that this cushion clings to my laugh lines and it looks and feels thick and cakey on the face. The only reason why I would still use this is because when I put powder on top, I find that it does not look as bad. I would not wear this alone because it feels a bit sticky on the face. When I use this, I make sure to put powder on top. I didn't actually purchase this myself. This was only a gift from my boyfriend's mom which I am very thankful about and I'm happy I was able to try it even though it wasn't the best.

L.A. Colors Pressed Powder in Nude (bought here - Php 179)
I'm no makeup expert. I haven't tried a lot of powders, so again, I can't really tell if this is one of the best out there. All I can say that is this product works. I like using this on top sticky feeling bases lol. I also like using this almost everyday to mattify my face.

Fanny Serrano Powder Blush in Silky Coral
I got this blush from my cousin and I do really like it. I find using this when I do bolder makeup looks. It is a bronzy/peachy color that is also shimmery. It's just something different and it somehow looks good together with a highlighter.

Careline Pimple Concealer with Tea Tree Oil in Oriental (Php 90)
I bought this concealer for my 500 makeup challenge and for me, it doesn't really conceal much. I just use this as an eyeshadow base instead. There's really not much to say about this.

Matte In Detail Liquid Lipstick in D20 Caren (Php 200+)
I'm not sure how much this actually is. I think maybe 249 pesos. I got this on sale on shopee for buy one take one for 299 pesos. The other one I got was a brown shade. The story behind buying this was because I wanted to buy a Colourpop liquid lipstick, but I thought just to buy a cheaper alternative if I wanted to try a bold lip color that I won't even use regularly. 
For the actual product itself. It's not pretty bad. It is drying on the lips (which I hear about with a lot of liquid lipsticks), but its not to the point the I can't take it anymore. When first applied, it will be a bit sticky so recommend not putting lips together so it won't be messed up.


Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil/Brush Duo in 01 (Php 178)
I don't usually do anything to my eyebrow on a daily basis because I do have thick brows already, but when I do bolder looks like this I like using this brow pencil to fill in sparse areas of my brows. I really like the product too because it already comes with a brush to blend the product to make it more natural.

Nichido Clear Brow Gel ( Php 89.50)
I don't use this everyday once again, but I just used this to set my brows and there's not much to say. It does the job well, but then again, I haven't tested this out completely yet.

Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara (bought here- Php 400)
This mascara is not my favorite. It gives my lashes length, but I'm not so sure with volume. I don't really grab this for everyday because I prefer waterproof formulas which this is not one of them. I used this for a day, and it does smudge a bit. Also, when putting this on, one should be careful because you have to let it dry first before you blink or else you're going to get it on your lids or your face.

EB Advanced Bronzer and Blush Duo
I only used the bronzer side for this look, but the blush acts like my Fanny Serrano blush, The bronzer is the only powder bronzer I own so again, I have nothing to compare this to really. I don't normally contour or bronze my face, but when I did for this look, I really enjoyed it and if ever I run out of this I might repurchase this again.

Tony Moly Luminous Highlighter
This has to be one of my favorite makeup products in my makeup collection. It's a rainbow highlighter my boyfriend bought me from Korea. When you blend the colors together, you get a kind of pinkish highlight which I don't use usually, but when I did, I loved it so much. You could tell in the video that it was very very pigmented. I love it!

 Detail Lip Scrub
Honestly, I don't like the balmy feeling it leaves after using it. Sometimes I feel like it works well and sometimes I don't. Maybe it depends on how I use it, but I'd rather just try something else new next time I run out of a lip scrub.

Chap Ice Medicated Balm
One of my favorite lip balms so far that I've tried that works. It's not only for the lips, but that's what I use it for. I love that it leaves my lips moisturized. I use it usually before I sleep, and when I wake up, I have not chapped lips! 

Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Quad
I used the shade frosted blossom (lower left) on my lids. This was the first time I used this palette and I do really like it. I prefer using my finger instead of brush because I get more pigment out of it.

Sleek MakeUp i-Divine Palette in Ultra Mattes V2
One of the best makeup gifts I've received so far. I don't usually gravitate towards these colors, but  this actually inspired me to create a look that's different. I love the pigmentation on these eye shadows. I want to create more unique looks with this and I do actually want another one of these with shimmery and neutral shades instead.


What kind of makeup look do you want to see next?

No comments:

Post a Comment